Cabinet Secretary for Information, Communication, and Technology (ICT) Mr. Joe Mucheru has been re-appointed to the same Ministry. Mr. Mucheru was, first appointed to the Cabinet Secretary for the Ministry by His Excellency, the President Uhuru Kenyatta in 2015 to replace the then Cabinet Secretary Dr. Fred Matian’gi who was moved to the Ministry of Education. Prior to his appointment Mr. Mucheru, served as the Google “Sub-Saharan Africa ambassador” as well as Google Country Manager Kenya, based in Nairobi. He joined Google in June 2007 and opened the first Google Africa office in Nairobi where he led the delivery of strategy, business planning, and operations. Before joining Google, Mr. Mucheru worked at Wananchi Online, a company he co-founded in 1999. He held various roles at the company including Strategy & Business Director and CEO. Mr. Mucheru studied at London’s City University and attended Stanford University’s Executive Program in 2008.
- Government carry out farmers’ census
- Government to equip Children with ICT skills
- Internal Advertisement for ICT vacancies in The National Treasury, State Department for Planning and Statistics. Deadline for submission 16th May 2018
- Remarks by H.E William Ruto, at the launch of Microsoft Testing Centre on the 2nd of May 2018, at Techno Brain, Nairobi
- DP says Kenya to be exporter of innovations