Technical support is a range of services that will be provided to digital village (DV) entrepreneurs to help them run the centers more efficiently as well as build their capacity during the initial stages. This support may be in many forms and will be determined by the needs of the DV entrepreneurs.
The specific objectives are:
- Capacity Building to enable local technical support availability for the Digital Villages (DVs).
- To provide a quick-start approach to help the digital village entrepreneurs make the best use of time and resources available and see quick results.
- To provide the benefit of well tested ICT technical support techniques to the DV setups.
- To provide workable and tested technical support processes to the DVs.
- To help protect the DV entrepreneurs from having to get too involved in technical support issues.
In general, technical support services attempt to help the user solve specific problems. It may come in the form of:
- On and off site site training
- Maintenance or device support
- Promote collaboration among DVs