|Interim Update 11th June 2010|
|Pillar 2 -Digital Inclusion|
|Pillar 3 -Tandaa (Local Digital Content)|
|Pillar 4 - E-government Applications|
|Pillar 5 -Government Shared Services (SHIRIKIANA)|
Page 1 of 5
Pillar 1. BPO ITES
Project 1.1. National Capacity
- Centre of Excellence. The 2nd Centre of Excellence Workshop and engagement with Kenya BPO Society, academia and industry practitioners. The COE framework presented for discussion and buy-in. Stakeholders agreed on the proposed timelines and strategy for the implementation of the COE which will selection of the anchor institution and selection of training by end January 2011.
- Permanent Secretary Information and Communications established a BPO Skills Gap taskforce in 2009. This taskforce has now completed and presented an assessment report.
- National Software Certification. Consultancy for the development of Certification and initial training awarded, pending contract signing.
- Incubation. Project has yet to commence. Kenya ICT Board and the World Bank finalizing discussions on the model.
Project 1.2. BPO/ITES Marketing/ Country Positioning
- Confirmation from donor with donors to support Kenya Outsourcing day in (Bellagio) Europe in March 2011. This targets leading outsourcing and market analysts I n Europe with a view to making the case for Kenya outsourcing.
- Direct Marketing. ICT Board finalizing support for a leading NGO to locate their shared services centre in Kenya. ICT Board is pursuing 4 leading BPO companies to locate in Kenya by mid 2011.
- Stakeholders received a presentation by PS Ndemo on the initial case for Malili. Presentations were also received from IFC.
- Kenya Positioning Marketing Initiatives undertaken as follows: Presentation to European Firms in Turkey in Feb 2010, participation at the UNDP International Conference on Interoperability in Rio De Janeiro Brazil, in May 2010, Participation at the HP Technology Conference in Frankfurt in April 2010. Commonwealth South South BPO Summit Mauritius 2010 (ICT Board Sponsored a member of the BPO Taskforce)
- Kenya Positioning initiatives planned for2010. Call Centre expo Birmingham Sep 2010, BPO Visit to South Africa October 2010, CISCO CIO Global summit October 2010, Shanghai Expo participation August, Harvard Business School, Shared Services and Outsourcing Summit July 2010, Accenture global Outsourcing Conference Prague, June 2010