What and who is the grant for?
The Tandaa Local Digital Content Grant is a grant to support ICT in Kenya. It is like seed funding for companies entering new media and ICT. In particular, the grant seeks to support products and services developed for the Internet and mobile phone.
Over 25% of Kenyans now have access to the internet, majority of whom access the internet through their mobile phone. It is now time to develop services and products to reach these millions of Kenyans through new media, and the Kenya ICT Board want to support this development through the grant.
If you have an idea on how to improve services in your sector through mobile technology or deliver a service on the internet--this is the time to apply for the grant and realize your dream.
What is Digital Content?
Digital Content is any content that can be consumed from an electronic device, e.g: personal computer, mobile phone, game console or digital TV. Such content is easily and effectively distributed through the Internet and can consist of services, entertainment, data or information.
Who is eligible?
- Kenyan citizens over 18 years old
- Companies and Organizations Registered in Kenya
What is the criteria?
Proposals submitted for the Digital Content Grant must provide solutions that utilize mobile and web technology in its delivery. Solutions can address any sector serving either rural or urban communities.
The Kenya ICT Board will award grants in two categories:
- Private Sector Innovation: solutions in this category must demonstrate innovation and business viability
- Government Data Applications: solutions in this category must demonstrate sustainability and community impact
There are two new features in the second round of the Tandaa Digital Content Grant.
- Matching Grants - a new grant type targeted towards established companies. This grant type allows established companies to compete for the grant separately from start-ups.
- Business Plan Training - the top 150 applicants will be invited to a free business plan training at a top institution in Nairobi. After training, applicants will be invited to submit the business plan section of their proposal.
please note that all applications must be submitted using the online application form